Monday, February 14, 2011

Spotty Gray Green

Spotty Gray Green, Spotty Gray Green, He's the meanest baby I've ever seen!


One word...Roseola.  You would think that by my fourth child I would be ok with this virus.  However, Gray took the cake with this one.  On Friday February 4th he developed a fever and it went as high as 104.2!!!!  I have never seen that high of a temp in any of my kids.  Scary.  So we started alternating Ibuprofen and Acetametaphin.  He continued with the fever through the weekend.  Finally on Monday the fever went away and the typical rash appeared.  However, once again Gray took the cake with the rash as well.  He was covered from the top of his head to his toes with spots.  Even though I was pretty sure it was just a virus I called the Pediatrician on Monday to be seen.  But for the first time in my 10 years with this practice, they couldn't get me in.  The nurses called several times reassuring me that it really sounded like the Roseola virus.  On Tue. he was still miserable so I called again and got an appointment.  Sure enough he was diagnosed with Roseola.  A very common childhood (most common between the ages of 6 months and 24 months) virus.  I remember vividly when Kailtyn had this virus as well.  And Jason and I vaguely recall Zac and Brayden having this as well.  Along with this virus comes an extremely foul mood.  Gray was just plain mean.  He began to scream at me whenever he wanted something.  If you took something away from him that he shouldn't have (like my IPhone) he frowned, grunted and ended with a stern scream at you.  He charged you like a bull, crawling as fast as he could and then head butting your tummy.  Basically this Roseola changed my sweet calm baby into a screaming aggressive monster.  We began calling him Spotty Gray Green and followed it up with-he's the meanest baby I've ever seen.  He has been well now for about 5 days now.  But the lasting effect from this dreaded Roseola is the change in my sweet babies temperament.  He wants what he wants immediately and lets you know it! 



2 comments:

  1. Hi, my son was just diagnosed yesterday. We are on the home stretch but his temperment is still "mean". Has your son gone back to hoe he was or is he still feisty?? I want my jax back is what I keep saying. I hate this virus! Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, he did finally go back to his normal nice little self! Good luck! Lauren

    ReplyDelete